Community Pharmacy Integration Programme
THIS CONTENT HAS NOW EXPIRED
Hertfordshire and West Essex (HWE) Integrated Care Board (ICB) emailed all pharmacy contractors on Friday 15 September to launch the Community Pharmacy Integration programme in 2023/24 and 2024/25 between HWE ICB and the community pharmacy contractors in Hertfordshire and West Essex. This is applicable to all participating community pharmacy contractors (including distant selling pharmacies) operating within HWE ICB geographical boundaries.
The key objectives of the programme are to support the priorities identified with the HWE ICB Strategy and the Primary Care Strategic Delivery Plan 2023-2026 encouraging better integrated working of community pharmacy within primary care.
The email included a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that outlines the objectives of the programme and obligations of both parties to engage with this programme of work across the next 18 months from 1 October 2023. Each pharmacy premises that returns a completed MOU and completes the online declaration form agreeing the simple actions required will receive a one off payment of £1500 up front.
In order to sign up for the programme, community pharmacy contractors must complete the following actions by 11.59pm on Monday 30 October 2023:
- Change information in the sections highlighted in yellow to details of the community pharmacy and signing the MOU document. Email a copy to email@example.com;
- Complete the online declaration form by
- In order to facilitate payment, please can ensure that when you submit the MOU to the above email address to submit a copy of your bank statement header (without any transactional detail) in pdf format to include the following information: Sort code; Bank account number and Bank account name.
Any claims received after this date will not be processed.
If you are part of a group of pharmacies or own multiple pharmacies and would prefer to submit your declaration and MOU via your Head Office/owners once then please respond to this email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and they will work with you to facilitate this.
In the case of signing on behalf of multiple pharmacies, please undertake the following actions:
- Sign one MOU (yellow areas should be updated with head office/owner details) but must include within the MOU an appendix that lists the pharmacy premises addresses and f codes that are included and email to email@example.com.
- Bank statement header (without any transactional detail) in pdf format to include the following information: Sort code / Bank account number / Bank account name and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete one online declaration form with head office details but include all the ODS codes for all the pharmacies but put a dash/hyphen or n/a in the boxes where it states Details of Lead and Deputy Contact.
- Email to email@example.com a list of all the community pharmacy premises with the details of a lead (name and email address) and a deputy (name and email address) as a minimum. If phone numbers can be included where appropriate/applicable that would be helpful.
If you have any questions, please contact HWE ICB via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.