Suicide Prevention Training
26th May 2022 09:30 am - 12:30 pm
Hertfordshire County Council has commissioned Samaritans to deliver this training which is aimed at frontline professionals and volunteers whose role may bring them into direct contact with people experiencing suicidal thoughts and ideation.
In the session you can learn how to:
- Understand risk factors that can lead to thoughts of suicide
- Recognise signs of suicidal thoughts and ideation
- Develop skills to have a conversation with someone at risk
- Engage someone in conversation sensitively and effectively
- Explore strategies to keep someone safe
- Refer someone to the emergency and/ or support services
- Signpost to sources of additional support.
View the event on Eventbrite to find out more information and to book your ticket.