CPPE – Polypharmacy Focal Point
Wednesday, 29 January, 2020 7.30pm to 9.30pm
Mercure, Watford, WD25 8JH
This programme will help pharmacy teams to develop the confidence, competence and communication skills to work in partnership with patients and other healthcare professionals to enable patients to get the most from their multiple medicines.
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- explain the terminology associated with polypharmacy and what it means for patients and the healthcare team
- identify the causes and consequences of polypharmacy, in particular in relation to older people and the wider NHS
- describe how polypharmacy fits with the medicines optimisation agenda
- identify how you could use decision-making tools and strategies to support your practice
- use effective communication and consultation skills to undertake patient-centred discussions
- develop your own approach, relevant to your area of practice, to support patients on multiple medicines
- identify the common medicines that cause problematic polypharmacy and patient hospital admissions
- prioritise, in conjunction with the patient, what interventions to make by taking a holistic approach to optimising patient care.
Booking link – https://www.cppe.ac.uk/store/checkout?e=49170