Hertfordshire 2020 Year of Culture
Celebrate, Share and Explore Hertfordshire’s arts, culture and heritage
Also known as HYOC2020, Hertfordshire Year of Culture 2020 is a year to showcase Hertfordshire as a county of creative and cultural opportunity.
Five broad objectives have been identified to support the year:
1. Celebrate, share and explore Hertfordshire’s arts, culture and heritage
2. Enable access and participation in arts, culture and heritage for new audience
3. Increase wellbeing and a sense of belonging through arts, culture and heritage
4. Showcasing pathways to education, employability and enterprise in the creative and cultural industries in Hertfordshire
5. Create new partnerships and new work through skill sharing and new ways of working together
What you will see in 2020
- A collaborative, high profile promotional campaign for existing cultural activity across Hertfordshire
- 12 themed months, with core activity co-ordinated by a lead agency
- Key dates to draw together delivery partners countywide
- ‘Special Experiences’ added to both current opportunities and new activities
- New partnerships and skill sharing between organisations and practitioners, creating new activity locally.
Who can get involved in HYOC2020?
Anyone! We want as many people and organisations as possible to get behind this campaign to help Hertfordshire residents find new cultural opportunities. You could be a Parish or Town Council, leisure provider, lunch club leader, arts venue, dance group leader, music teacher, University of Third Age group (U3A), Rotary Club, group of mums, or just a group of friends. You could be someone who runs a group that has no link to arts, culture or heritage, but would like to encourage your group to try new activities throughout the year. Or you may be someone who provides creative and cultural opportunities who can promote what you offer under the HYOC2020 umbrella to encourage new people to join your activity.
The year is split into 12 themed months. This does not mean that we won’t promote cultural activities that don’t link with that month – your activity can take place any time in the year. The months exist to provide the year with some structure and allow us to focus our marketing activities. They also help with the evaluation process.
January Try Something New
February Skills Development and Volunteering
March Access the Arts Go
April Somewhere Local
May The Big Outdoors
June Big Ideas
July Cultural Olympiad
August Families and Friends
September Heritage and History/Meet the Maker
October Be Inspired/Get Back Into
November Creative Minds and Creative Industries
December Celebrate and Illuminate
Who do I contact for more information?
If you would like to get involved, please contact the Project Co-ordinator Liz Gore on 020 8207 7801 or by email at email@example.com.