Easter Opening Hours
THIS CONTENT HAS NOW EXPIRED
Easter Opening Hours
April 9, 2020
Whilst we understand the rationale behind the decision to direct pharmacies to open, the LPC is very disappointed with the confusion that has been created due to the short notice and lack of information that has been given to community pharmacies in advance for Easter openings. This will ultimately impact on the patients you serve therefore it is very important you update the NHS website with your opening hours for this weekend. The current position for community pharmacy and Easter openings is according to our understanding as follows:
- All pharmacies are required to be open from 2.00 – 5.00pm on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Pharmacies will be paid a fee of £250 per hour for the maximum of three hours which is likely to be claimable via the MYS portal. You do not need to inform NHS England or the DOS if you are opening these hours as directed as this has been automatically updated for you.
- All community pharmacies should ensure their NHS website is up to date with their opening hours for the Easter weekend as soon as possible,
- It is our understanding that exemptions only apply if the community pharmacy has agreed with NHS England and got written confirmation that they can vary their hours on Good Friday and Easter Monday. It is our understanding that this is only likely to be approved where it supports GP practice openings or is due to staff availability. The existing SOP for community pharmacy (revised on 22 March 2020) still stands but if you have to close no payment can be claimed. If you have had agreement to a change in your hours please ensure you inform the DOS using the DOS profile updater* to update your hours and update the NHS website.
- Pharmacies that had planned to be open for longer on Good Friday and Easter can still open for longer hours but they should be aware that nationally all pharmacies were changed on the DOS to show the opening hours of 2.00 – 5.00pm earlier in the week. Please ensure your opening hours are correct on the DOS by using the DOS profile updater to update your hours and update the NHS website if not already done.
- The community pharmacies previously identified to open on Easter Sunday still stand as previously agreed with NHS England. These opening hours will be published on the NHS England website.
- Please be reminded that Saturday is a normal working day and all community pharmacies are expected to open their usual contracted working hours.
Pharmacies open on Easter Sunday