CPPE – Focal Point Event – Patient Safety an anticoagulant case study
Tuesday, 12 June, 2018 7.30pm to 9.30pm
Bedfordshire CCG MK45 4HR
Aim: The aim of this programme is to provide you with background knowledge relating to patient safety and risk management, and to give you the opportunity to apply this to practice. It is also intended to help you effectively respond to, and manage, patient safety incidents.
Objectives: On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
– describe the principles of patient safety concepts and terminology
– identify the systems which impact on patient safety
– recognise risk associated with anticoagulation
– confidently consult with patients who are prescribed high-risk medicines
– respond appropriately to patient safety incidents.