Dispensing incidents & learnings
Tuesday, 13 September, 2016 7.30
Free Online webinar
Focusing on the prescription journey.
The biggest fear most pharmacists have is when something goes wrong; your heart sinks. Now we have a chance to learn from all the patient incident and dispensing error reports that the NPA’s Chief Pharmacist and her team have collected from pharmacists across the UK.
For the last 2 years, Leyla Hannbeck, Chief Pharmacist at the NPA and Medicines Safety Officer (MSO) for community pharmacies with fewer than 50 branches, and her team have been collecting data on all the incidents we as independents report back. Join the free webinar on Tuesday 13th September to learn:-
- What the common dispensing errors and patient incidents are and their causes
- Tips to reduce these errors – in every step of the dispensing process
- Lessons learned from the indemnity claims process
- What should you do when something does go wrong
- The benefit of using the MSO reporting system and how to capture the important data
- How sharing this information can benefit all pharmacies and reduce the incidents for all patients
By joining us you will get an understanding of how good your current systems are and what you could do to minimise any opportunities for error. This is an area where the 80:20 rule really does work. A large majority of incidents happen because of a minority of reasons. You will find out what these reasons are and how sharing can support and improve your practice.
We look forward to helping you with your practice and hopefully either reassuring you or helping you improve your practice.
Register here for this free online webinar.
You will also have the opportunity to put your questions live to our presenters.