Community pharmacy awards night + 2020 and beyond
On Thursday 04 July 2019 Hertfordshire LPC held the annual general meeting at The Fielder Centre in Hatfield. The evening was very well attended and the feedback from the evening included “excellent presentation”, “very good venue, acoustics and food”, “great speakers” “very informative and great to network”. We were delighted to see so many on the night and we thank everyone who attended.
The RPS, GPhC, CPPE, NPA, Carers in Herts, HPFT, HertsHelp, Hertswise, Careline and Hertfordshire LPC each had a stand alongside some pharmaceutical companies. Thank you all for coming and meeting with our Hertfordshire contractors.
On the night Community Pharmacy Future “The Pledge” was launched.
We are inviting all community pharmacies and their teams to sign up to a pledge to safeguard the future of community pharmacy by committing to a change now in the best interests of your patients and your community. You can sign up to the pledge online or you can return this form by email. The pledge requests that pharmacies and pharmacy staff make a promise to their local community, the profession and health and care stakeholders.
The full agenda has been published and the guests speakers have provided their presentations to view:
HERTFORDSHIRE LPC AWARDS
The end of the evening was to celebrate the excellent work Hertfordshire community pharmacies do. Simon Dukes presented the following awards:
The awards were judged by:
- Zainab Al-Kharsan, Service Development Pharmacist, PSNC
- Rosie Taylor, Head of Service Development, PSNC
- Amit Dawda, Deputy CDAO and Medication Safety Officer, NHS England and NHS Improvement – Midlands and East of England
- Helen Musson, Chief Officer, Hertfordshire LPC
Highly commended certificates were presented to the following community pharmacies
- Most Engaged Community Pharmacy for Diabetes Plus Service (St Albans and Harpenden) 2018-19 – Jade (Jersey Farm), St Albans
- Public Health Community Pharmacy of the Year 2018-19 – Asda Hatfield and Grovehill, Hemel Hempstead
- Advanced Service Delivery of the Year for NUMSAS (NHS Urgent medicine Supply Advanced Service) 2018-19 – Speedwell, Hemel Hempstead
- Advanced Service Delivery of the Year for Seasonal Influenze Vaccine Service 2018/19 – Boots (High Street) Hitchin
Here are the draft minutes from 2019.
The next AGM will be held on Thursday 02 July 2020 and we will soon promote the 2020 awards night and how all community pharmacies and their teams can get involved to celebrate the good work you all do.